Former Employer: Process Server's Record Clean 2-11-2010
A former employer of a man accused of a Las Vegas home invasion shooting spoke out on Wednesday night to set the record straight about the suspects past. Video: Former Employer: Process Server's Record Clean Gregory Hover, 40, is accused of killing a man and shooting his wife in the face. Hover worked as a process server for about six months. Police said they think he was serving papers to possibly case the neighborhood, and then came back later that night to commit the crime. FOX5 spoke with Hover's employer, Debra Schuff of Junes Legal Service, who said when she found out what happened, she was blind sighted. It's not been a very good day," Schuff said. She said he his on-the-job record was clean. He always was a very good server -- never had any concern or issue. I've been doing this a long time. He was licensed by the state," Schuff said. According to the arrest report, Hover spoke with both victims, Julio and Roberta Romero, earlier that evening on the night of the crime in an effort to present legal papers to the former owner of their home. Police said when Hover didn't find who he was looking for, he left. Hours later, officers said Hover broke into the home, forced the wife to give him cash, and then made her get in the closet. She was later shot in the face and her husband was killed at the scene. A connection was made between Hover and Junes Legal Service. Schuff said when Hover applied for the job, he had all the proper paperwork, and the state approved him for the position. Before you can become a process server, you have to be licensed and have a background check done and issue you a work permit. At the time it was through Metro, the private licensing board, and the FBI," Schuff said. Hover was in the Clark County Detention Center Wednesday night, facing a slew of charges, including kidnapping and murder. Police said on Tuesday night he tried to commit suicide. Hovers photo has not yet been released by police.
Monday, July 28 2014 1:54 AM EDT2014-07-28 05:54:28 GMT
Authorities now say 14 people - including a 15-year-old - have been struck by lightning during rare summer thunderstorms that have swept through Southern California, injuring two critically.More >
A 20-year-old man died Sunday after lightning struck or rattled 13 people at a popular Los Angeles beach and a golfer on Catalina Island during summer thunderstorms that swept through Southern California, authorities said.More >